Welcome Visitors!!

Welcome to my blog where I hope you might find some inspiration to create!
Have a wonderful day!!!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Happy Birthday Bob-DRS Thursday Challenge


Our challenge over on the DRS Designs blog on this Thursday is to make a masculine card.  I need a birthday card for my BIL, so this worked perfectly!  He is a major fisherman.  I love this fishing square and colored it with close to cocoa, crumb cake, cajun craze, rust, crushed curry and poppy parade.  I sponged it with not quite navy and sage shadow.  I also dragged the distressed image through the sage shadow pad.  I inked up the embossing folder and ran it through...I like it.  I think it's nautical looking.  The not quite navy layer was stamped in black with  vicki's versatile bg (love this stamp, it is my go to).   For the sentiment, I only used a portion of the Cat's meow birthday greeting.  to finish it off.  I laid the image directly on the versamark and used one layer of UTEE to get a wet look.  Lastly, a giant brad and some twine to complete it.  Head on over to DRS Designs blog to play along and maybe win a stamp!

Pam

1 comment:

  1. Great card Pam! Love the netting in the background. Love the wet look too! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete