Welcome Visitors!!

Welcome to my blog where I hope you might find some inspiration to create!
Have a wonderful day!!!

Friday, September 21, 2012

Lavender birthday TTSTV#16

Yeah and yippee skippy, it's Friday!  Our 16th tutorial was done by Davi Reid over on MFP Speedy TV....go check it out! It will be under tutorial time challenges.  I chose to use lavender for my plant material and I am so happy that I did.  It smells divine!  I hope the smell stays for the recipient:)  Interesting how the lavender turned hazelnut tan!  So I used that as my card base and for the sentiment which is a sneak from the set to be released from MFP's a HC next week-Buried Treasure.  The dps are from Prima's Moulin Rouge and My Mind's Eye Lost and Found.  Some not quite navy ribbon, brads and some embosslit butterflies to finish it off.  I sponged some brocade blue around edges as I thought the purple from the lavender looked more brocade blue than lavender!
Pam

2 comments:

  1. I love your card, I am amazed at how the natural dyes in plants turn out when smashed for this technique...I love it! The hazelnut color is a real surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam,
    Wow - your card is so very pretty! From lavender to hazelnut tan - Mother Nature is full of lovely surprises!!

    ReplyDelete