Welcome Visitors!!

Welcome to my blog where I hope you might find some inspiration to create!
Have a wonderful day!!!

Friday, December 6, 2013

TTSTV Challenge 78 Faux Linen

Faux linen is a beautiful way to get a “wow” background. I hope you enjoy it!
First, gather your supplies: glossy paper, and other card stock to complete your creation, ink color of choice (medium to dark may work best), black ink, stamp set, sponge, sand paper (medium grade) or sanding block.
Begin by stamping a background on your glossy paper
Sand image vertically and then horizontally.  For this particular creation, I felt as though I sanded too much off, so take a look at the next picture.
After sanding, sponge the same color all over card stock (I suppose you could use another color, depending on the look you’re going for). After sponging, I added another layer of my bg branches.
Sand again vertically and horizontally. This is what gives you the linen look.
 
Stamp main image in black or dark ink of choice and finish card.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for a great tutorial this week! I love this technique & this is the first time I've ever tried it. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a long time since I've done this technique. Thanks for reminding me how beautiful this can be. I love your sanded trees and then the one dominating on top. Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete