Welcome Visitors!!

Welcome to my blog where I hope you might find some inspiration to create!
Have a wonderful day!!!

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Mountain Plains Crafters "giving thanks design team" DIY November Blog Hop




Good day out there in cyberland!  Today is the first day of our November Do It Yourself blog hop. Each of us designers is showcasing a homemade project. You have to go check out MPC here.
I started with a 10 x 10 canvas that I purchased at Micheals...it is stretched over wood and made a mixed media canvas. I started by painting the edges in the green acrylic paint. Next, I chose designer papers from Primas 6 x 6 Fairy Flora. I mod podged all the paper on and added some paint in various colors to edges. Next, I chose some chipboard...key, lock device, flourish and the fancy butterfly. All of the embellishments were added with Tombow's mono glue (Tombow is the ONLY glue for me). After painting the flourish in cream, I stamped the itty bitty from Unity Handwritten on it. I stamped the lock device in brown and stamped Gorgeous grunge in cream on it and the key was done in cream and a stamp from SU The Open Sea stamped in burnt umber. Added some more stamping with acrylic paints (be sure to immediately clean your stamps off with warm water and a brush). Here are the Unity Sets I used in putting this together: Itty bittys-Here today/Here tomorrow, Passion changes everything, Embrace You, Bitty Backgrounds KOTM 6/14. I added a variety of flowers and touched them up with acrylic paints, flourish butterfly trails done in rhinestones, a piece of lace, a piece of burlap and an organza bow in cream that I heated to distress it. This was very fun for me. I wish I was good at videotaping...maybe someday.
Head on over to Jennifer's blog here and give her some love!
 Be sure and visit each design team member's blog and leave a comment, then enter the Rafflecopter giveaway.  Come back tomorrow to MPC to finish the hop!








17 comments:

  1. I love how bright & cheery this one is! It would be a wonderful gift for someone (as the holidays are coming upon us quickly...) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg. this is stunning!!!! I need to learn some mixed media. haha. I just love the details and colors. And I love flowers and butterflies <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite pretty canvas.
    Love looking at all
    the designs in it!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, this is gorgeous. I love the colors and that sentiment is perfect. I love all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza, this is uh-mazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty!!! Love your textures, colors, flourishes and all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. So free-form. You can express your passion in bright, bold colors.
    Great canvas.
    thanks for sharing a wonderful piece

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam, this is beautiful! The bright colors are just what I needed to brighten a dreary day in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is stunning !! Loving all the layers of stamps and colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely LOVE this !! Want to try more mixed-media techniques--you have inspired me !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your mixed media canvas piece! Pretty colors and details! Looks like fun to put this together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice mix of colors thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so pretty. You are so awesome with mixed media. I so love this...

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGosh, love this canvas. It's inspiring...I'll have to get a piece of canvas to try something like this out. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete