Welcome Visitors!!

Welcome to my blog where I hope you might find some inspiration to create!
Have a wonderful day!!!

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Growing in Unity~Day 4

Welcome to my blog on my fourth day as a GIU for Unity Stamp Co! 
I don't know why I don't make more of these crafty candles. They turn out so beautifully.
For this candle, I used the gorgeous feather out of July 2014 KOTM. I stamped it twice on white tissue paper in noir black and then used several different colored markers to color it up. After coloring, you cut closely around the image....but it doesn't have to be exact. Next, you lay it where you want it on the candle and then wrap wax paper tightly around it. Heat up your heat gun for about 30-40 seconds before heating up your image. It happens quickly. You can see it melt into the candle.
I need to head to the craft store to buy some more candles as I am making these for Christmas gifts.

Remember to comment on my blog to possibly win 2 itty bitty's of your choice from Unity! Also, be sure to check out my last post for Friday! I've had fun being the GIU girl.

Thanks,

Pam







17 comments:

  1. WOWZERS! This is absolutely AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try this. Love the bright colours you used with the feather. Fantastic gift. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful gift. So creative and pretty, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely candle. You used one of my favourite stamps. I just used it on a project yesterday. These candles would make an excellent gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know that was even possible. VERY cool...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty and
    simple! Looks
    gorgeous.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. That did turn out great! Love the feather image & great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun idea. Pam !!! That stamp is perfect for the candle !! I love the colors too.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors on this candle are amazing. I love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really really really want to make some of these for Christmas gifts. Must go buy candles! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful idea! Do you mind if I steal it to make some as gifts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please feel free! Here is the tutorial; http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/foldoverbox/

      Delete
  12. This is a lovely gift idea, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This candle turned out really cool Pam!! Your image on it is really bright and nice looking.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty with the colorful feather.

    ReplyDelete
  15. pretty candle! love the color combo.... great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete