Welcome Visitors!!

Welcome to my blog where I hope you might find some inspiration to create!
Have a wonderful day!!!

Sunday, January 4, 2015

ADORNit and Mountain Plains Crafters blog hop




Happy New Year and welcome to ADORNit and Mountain Plains Crafters first blog hop of the year! 
Those of us at MPC have had the pleasure of designing a variety of projects to showcase the versatility of ADORNit's fabulous products.
Head on over to Adornit's pad here
Starting out as Carolee's Creations, Carolee has expanded to what is now known as ADORNit.  They do everything; clothing, papercrafts, fabric and now they are introducing a brand new product; Art Play Paintables - a very special paper created by artist, Lindsay Ostrom, that you can paint on.  I love the designed art work that Lindsay has created, leaving me the fun of painting and embellishing however I choose!  


My first project is a 5 1/4" square card using the Hello Paintable from ADORNit. I used a variety of SU! markers and the main image is on dimensionals. I loved coloring this image!!!  So sweet...I was able to add a variety of colors within the circle and isn't the font too cute?! Embroidery thread and a single brad with "sweet" on it were used as embellishments.

My second project is a 9 x 12 mixed media canvas. I wanted to showcase how versatile the fabric from ADORNit is. I colored my canvas in mustard acrylic paint and then fraying the burnished mustard fabric, I used Mod Podge behind the fabric AND on top of it, being sure to wrinkle it. The flowers are fabric~all handmade (fabulous fabric from Adornit) and then buttons/embroidery thread put in their centers. The sentiment and owl were from a 12 x 12 sheet of ADORNit paper. I cut them out and used UTEE over them. I did the cracked glass technique on the sentiment. The owl branch is from SU! The flower leaves are fabric that I Mod Podged onto paper, stamped the flowers on the fabric and cut out. Some fun ticket stubs from ADORNit were used, too. The red acrylic paint was put onto the Layers of Life stamp from Unity called beautiful wish. Lastly, I painted a flourish piece of chipboard, painted it cream and randomly stamped the red as well. I LOVE mixed media and I LOVED using Adornit products to put this all together~easily!!!

Using an 8 x 8 scalloped piece of wood from ADORNit, I traced it onto a piece of DCWV designer paper and Mod Podged it onto wood. A Hello paintable sentiment colored up and sponged and yellow stickles put on the feather. The sentiment is on dimensionals. Another distressed, homemade fabric flower with a button center, fun fiber leaves and a fun fiber hanger.

Here we have a 6 x 6 card done using the art paintables again. LOVE them. I did this with a combination of markers and watercoloring. Some liquid pearls and purple stickles were used as accents and a tiny embroidery bow on the flower.

Above and below, I made a variety of tags utilizing the awesome paintables. I like to weather my ribbon and did so on several by using my heat gun until I get the desired look I want. These tags would make fun gift tags that could then be used as a bookmark.


My last project was done using the art play paintables again!  I love how quick and versatile they are to create something beautiful in a minimal amount of time....and the ease with which they can be embellished. I colored them this with SU! markers and added some teal liquid pearls...which if difficult to see in the photo. I mounted it on a 6 x 6 bright blue card stock and also onto a piece of cardboard...nice to hang on a wall or a door knob...or anywhere you feel like!

I figured I should give a shout out to Tombow and their awesome Mono liquid glue. It is the only glue I use on all of my projects!



Thank you, Carolee, Lindsay and the rest of the gang from ADORNit for allowing us the opportunity to have fun and play with these wonderful products that have inspired us!  Thanks to Lindsay Ostrom, as well, for giving us such wonderful art work to create with.
My clue to pass onto you is the letter "a"
Head on over to Marilynn's blog next right here

10 comments:

  1. fabulous pieces!!! I love the tags - great idea, those are getting copied by me .... ehehehe and you made my day with that card at the top all wrapped in string. Thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tags are cards are so cute. The canvas is so fun and happy.
    Love everything. Has been a great hop. I've smiled all the way
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your projects are amazing. The one that stands out the most, that I simply adore is your canvas with the burnished mustard fabric. Love the flowers. So bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fave is the Be You. Totally in love with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been totally blown away by all these cute ideas! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to buy ALL of your tags !!! Love them .... Every one of your creations is wonderful... My fave is the BE YOU !!! All of us make a great team by being ourselves and supporting that in each other .... Great post !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, that's a lot of projects!! Everything look so fabulous. My favorite is the mixed media art!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work and I love
    your tags and the plaque!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete