Welcome Visitors!!

Welcome to my blog where I hope you might find some inspiration to create!
Have a wonderful day!!!

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Mixed Media Canvas for my daughter

Happy Day! I am posting this creation as I realized I never shared it anywhere! I decided to make my daughter a mixed media canvas. Bailey is an incredible soccer player/athlete, but she also has this awesome girlie side to her. My friend shared this tutorial with me, Vintage dress mixed media canvas.  Lots of love and time went into this and I love the way it came out...so does Bailey!
I started my randomly painting my 10 x 10 canvas with olive and moss green acrylic paints. Next I took some ripped designer paper and some encyclopedia paper. I should mention that I used the encyclopedia page about Marilyn Monroe...you can see it in the first pic below. I ripped the paper and sponged some antique linen and melon mambo on it before adhering all the paper with mod podge.
The sentiment was stamped and sponged on a ripped piece of dp...it is the Tim Holtz, Stamper's Anonymous line. The distressed chipboard was painted with white acrylic paint, stamped with a Unity bg stamp and then some pale pink distressed embossing powder was applied...then inked with melon mambo and adhered with mod podge. I chose some random beads to glue here and there. The dress was made and I inked the edges of it as well. The hanger was made from some jewelry wire and I lined the neckline of the dress with half pearls. I handmade and dyed the quilled flowers. I love using organza ribbon because I can heat it up and make it look vintage....which I love! It reacts to the heat super quickly! I added a strip of neutral lace to the bottom of the dress and it was adhered with mod podge, as well. Once everything was secured, I took my finger in my green paint and outlines some things. I used the leaf/bird punch from SU! to make some leaves out of the dp and and SU butterfly was stamped for interest. Sponged some distress linen around edges. Lastly, painted a layer of mod podge over everything and I called it good! Again, Bailey loved it.
Have a lovely day and stay warm wherever you are!

Pam 










2 comments:

  1. This is amazing. I love the little hanger and that dress is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Pam, I am blown away by this .. It is absolutely wonderful .....

    ReplyDelete