Welcome Visitors!!

Welcome to my blog where I hope you might find some inspiration to create!
Have a wonderful day!!!

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Mixed Media Mojo February Challenge~Red with a twist~wings/Spring coffee lover's blog hop


Happy Saturday!!! Yeah, I am spending it in my craft room listening to Pink radio on Pandora and thoroughly enjoying myself. I am arriving to the mixed media February challenge at the very, very end...but I wanted to submit this! Their challenge for February was red and wings for a twist. I am also submitting this to the Spring Coffee lover's blog hop .
I took some fun Teresa Collin stationary noted dp, the coffee encyclopedia page and some dark brown cardstock to create this. First, I wrinkled my encyclopedia page and then dragged distressed linen ink over it. The images are from an old Flourishes stamp set. I embossed the steam in brown. I chose some fun dp from the 6 x 6 pack to stamp the cup in versamark and emboss in brown, cut it out and paper pieced onto the encyclopedia page. The saucer was another piece of dp from the pack as well as the sentiment...they were both dragged through the linen ink pad. The sentiment edge was dragged through poppy parade as was the encyclopedia piece. I managed to get the wings in for the mixed media mojo challenge by adding a dragonfly brad at the top of the steam. A ribbon tab and a yummy, big chocolate ribbon. I used my craft knife to cut holes for the ribbon on either side of the cup. The red layer was embossed with the dots folder though it is hard to see here. 
Have a wonderful weekend and stay warm!

Pam

41 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, and lovely bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love all the mixed media items you used and your coffee mug is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the papers you choose for your mug. Awesome card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card !! Fabulous job !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card !! Fabulous job !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coffee makes my world go round. Hehe! Awesome job on this piece. The ribbon is yummy and the coffee cup is just perfect! Thanks for joinin is at Mixed Media Mojo! And for the MMM DT call. ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't find your link for this piece on the MMM linky page for the challenge. You do have a link for the DT call though. Could you add this link to the challenge page as well? Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Your card is beautiful. Thank for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful coffee mug, love your sweet poppies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous paper pieced coffee mug!
    Thanks for joining in the fun♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a mixed media beauty Pam-great card for the coffee hop as well-love the paper pieced cup

    ReplyDelete
  11. love that coffee encyclopedia page! great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous card! That cup is beautiful and I love the flourish steam!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! Love those red flowers on the mug.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colorcombo and that big bow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Your bow is lovely...I always have trouble with. Mine.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! I want that cup ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the pattern of the mug!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How creative to use an encyclopedia page on your card! Love the quatrefoil paper too. But that ribbon...that ribbon is gorgeous. Wonderful card! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, Pam, I love the colors you used! Have a terrific Tuesday and happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, this is gorgeous! Love that fabulous bow!

    ReplyDelete
  21. great colors on this! the bow is a perfect touch--giveaway on my entry #275 if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful mixed media card and I love that ribbon you tied on there!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My home girl Pammy! You always make the most awesomest, gorgeous creations! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful paper piecing! Great mix of patterns and bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous--I like how you used the coffee encyclopedia page.

    ReplyDelete
  26. great card, love the mix of papers

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely rich looking card- gorgeous bow too!

    ReplyDelete