Welcome Visitors!!

Welcome to my blog where I hope you might find some inspiration to create!
Have a wonderful day!!!

Thursday, April 16, 2015

A Springtime Flower Appreciation Creation at Mountain Plains Crafters

Hi all! My card today was made for our challenge over at Mountain Plains Crafters. Head on over there to check and it. You could win the following Itty Bitty from Unity and another little surprise.
For our challenge we were to use flowers...Springtime theme and make it a card of appreciation and actually send it to the person you're appreciative of. I appreciate and am thanking my best friend's daughter, Jayme. She watched our dogs while we were on vacation. I am telling you, I think it is harder to get someone to take care of your dogs verses taking care of your children!

I just received my Bisters in the mail. Oh, how I love them. Nice and messy. They are watercolor pigments. My bg was done by dipping dry paint brush into powder in blue, green and natural. I tapped the brush by flicking with my finger to put the pigment onto dry mixed media card stock. Then I took my water mister and spritzed the paper. I heat dried it as I am too impatient to wait. Next, I stamped the flowers (from Unity's Jan. 2014 KOTM)  in versamark and embossed in brown. Wasn't sure I liked it at all, but kept plugging away. Decisions. Do I leave alone or paint with pearlescent watercolors....I had to paint! I am happy I did. I love how it turned out. The sentiment is from the same KOTM, too. I had another piece I'd done with the Bisters similar to this and stamped my sentiment on it and punched out. I dragged the sentiment edges through Island Indigo ink pad. 3 rhinestones and we'll call it a day!
Thanks for looking and please play along!
Pam


4 comments:

  1. Pam, this is gorgeous. I believe this is one of the prettiest cards you have ever created. I am sure it is even more beautiful in real life. I love the background that you created with your new bisters. Then you placed the flowers perfectly and they way you painted them makes them look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!!! This is stunning! I bet this shimmers to heaven in person. Very pretty. And I know what you mean about pet sitters. It's tough. I'll have to check out what these Bitter are. I just love how you are a messy crafter. I don't have the room to create like that lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!!! This is stunning! I bet this shimmers to heaven in person. Very pretty. And I know what you mean about pet sitters. It's tough. I'll have to check out what these Bitter are. I just love how you are a messy crafter. I don't have the room to create like that lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...I think this card is so gorgeous....

    ReplyDelete