Welcome Visitors!!

Welcome to my blog where I hope you might find some inspiration to create!
Have a wonderful day!!!

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Adornit and Mountain Plains Crafters Art Play Blog Hop



Welcome to the Adornit and Mountain Plains Crafters Blog Hop!!!!! 


We're featuring the brand new Art Play Paintables which include themes for Halloween, Christmas, Adventure, Critters, Faith and more; 18 brand new pages to color with multiple images on each sheet. They're perfect for watercoloring, markers, colored pencils and more. Use them in multiple ways - cardmaking, scrapbooking, treat boxes, tags..... you're only limited by your imagination!


Here is your word......EVERY

My first creation was done with the mushrooms by Carolee McMullin from the Today is the Best Art Paintable sheet. I watercolored the mushrooms and cut them out...everything on here is popped up except the frog. The turtle, sentiment and frog are one stamp from Inkadinkadoo that I cut out. The flower was done with wire, hot glue and nail polish and glitter glue....I made it for last weeks' mix challenge by our very own MariLynn on SCS.

This is a 5 x 7 canvas I made using I am Loved by Stephanie Ackerman. I used odds and ends papers from my scrap pile. The embellishments were also in the scrap pile. I watercolored and added some pearls to the flowers. A flourish and texture paste was used on the canvas as well as acrylic paint.

This image was taken from Wicked by Lindsay Ostrom. I used pearlescent watercolors for this image, twine and some Graphic 45 paper. The image is up on dimensionals

Another fall card using Lindsay Ostrom's design from Eek. I watercolored this image, layered on some deep orange paper, used some old SU! dp, made it into a tag and added some ribbon, twine and a brad...we'll call it good.



Above and the two below are lovely art play paintables from the Holly Jolly and Joy sheets by Lindsay Ostrom. Love these. Perfect for individualized tags for all my Christmas gifts. Combination of pearlescent watercolors and regular watercolors used on them.






These darling images will go onto some Halloween treat bags for my favorite neighborhood kiddos. Both are designed by Lindsay Ostrom and the first is from Wicked. The second from Eek. Both done using pearlescent watercolors.
My diaper fold treat bag will be filled with my favorite....candy corn. Such a weird and wonderful candy. I've decided it reminds me of compressed frosting (which I love). This image is from If the Shoe Fits by Michelle Hamilton. I used pearlescent watercolors on it, too. I used ribbon which I heated up to shrivel for some ghoulishness!


Below are two bookmarks I made form the awesome paintable Faith made by Stephanie Ackerman. Some scrap dp and ribbon. These will make wonderful gifts!


 The last 5 photos are all 2 3/4" x 4" custom cards/envies I made and will all be given as one gift set. I am so excited that I learned how to make my own envelopes! I grouped the according to paintable and designer. All were either watercolored or pearlescent watercolored!
Brave by Lindsay Ostrom


Think Big by Michelle Hamilton

Rainbows by Lindsay Ostrom

Today is Best by Carolee McMullin
..
Walk in Love by Stephanie Ackerman
This was done with Bisters watercolor paint pigments...dropped on paper dry and spritzed with water.

Collect all of the clues and follow the instructions on Adornit's post for a chance to win a great prize from Adornit. 

I know this has been a super lengthy post! I hope you've enjoyed my creations. Now head on over to Jennifer's blog next, here



17 comments:

  1. Wowzers. You have been a busy girl. Great Job with all you projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many gorgeous projects ~ I love them all! I can't wait to get my hands on these papers to start coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make all of my gift tags so I'm happy to get some ideas for upcoming tags.
    Hadn't thought about using coloring for my tags but I'm going to put this idea to use.
    Everything in the post is wonderful.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work on
    all these goodies!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh these are all so fun and fabulous! loving the turtle though. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I enjoyed all your creations very much! These paintables are all so lovely & look fun to color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh....you were busy busy. I love your bookmarks and gift sets of cards. But everything is simply AWESOME. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE them all but my favorite is the "wish every month was October" card ... the colors are perfect for an autumn day & the papers you chose were exactly the right ones !! You sure were a busy gal --- an abundance of creativity !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty projects...I couldn't pick a favorite. Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME images + FABULOUS colouring = BEAUTIFUL cards & bookmarks!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME images + FABULOUS colouring = BEAUTIFUL cards & bookmarks!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. so pretty! you make my art look so good!!!
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowza, you got a lot done! I'm swooning over that canvas! Love all your projects girl.

    ReplyDelete