Welcome Visitors!!

Welcome to my blog where I hope you might find some inspiration to create!
Have a wonderful day!!!

Friday, December 18, 2015

Mountain Plains Crafters and a Graphic 45 challenge


Over at Mountain Plains Crafters, we're holding a Graphic 45 challenge from the 18th to 20th. There will be a prize!
Head over to MPC's blog and comment to be eligible to win! Our challenge was to use a metal embellishment and die cuts.
Here is the prize!


Check out my craftiness below!!!



For this card, I used the gorgeous designer paper from Once Upon a Springtime Classic Collection. I used the tulip embossing folder and then added Inka Gold to the embossed area. The sentiment is from the same collection and it is layered with a piece of copper metallic card stock and put on dimensionals. Next, I added a little stamp from the same dp as well. I used some copper ribbon and distressed it by heating it up...definitely one of my favorite things to do. Lastly, I used the SU! butterfly embosslit die with the dp for my butterflies...difficult to see but there are 3...one by the fairy, one on the right bottom corner and a little one on the top.

My second project below is for my daughter Bailey for Christmas. She is on the right. The other chickadee is my younger daughter, MacKenna. Any who, I used Graphic 45's An ABC Primer Collection( polka dots) and Once Upon a Springtime. The butterfly, photo corners and middle box of the three boxes are stickers from G 45's Graphic 45 Staples stickers....love them for shadow boxes! Before gluing the paper into the boxes, I sponged around them with a bit of black. For our challenge we needed to use metal on a project and I fit that in with the metal arrow embellishment. The words were computer generated, sponged on distressed antique linen and sponged edges with black. I matted the photo with black, used some lovely flowers and some bling rhinestone flourishes. The first picture taken is when I thought I was done...however, I had to show my fellow dt member, MariLynn and of course, she had the best advice.....Inka Gold and some pearls...also, for the sentiment which I computer generated, she recommended using 3 different fonts...I did. So there you have it, the finished product! I don't know what I'd do without MariLynn to bounce ideas off of. I thank you, gf! It's amazing how the littlest changes can make the biggest difference!!!!
Have fun and comment over at MPC (and here if you'd be so kind)

Pam





7 comments:

  1. Love your card with the embossed edge with the gold on it! Looks great! That ribbon is gorgeous too! The shadow box is going to be treasured by your daughter! I love the delicate and lovely look it has! Very girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and the
    shadow box is awesome!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girlfriend, how many times have you been my inspiration? So glad to get to share our crafting journey together. Both of your projects are amazing, but I especially love the shadow box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the little designs in the G45 packets work out well in the
    sections of the printer's tray. I've used them before and it makes embellishing so much easier.
    thanks for sharing some great projects.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so beautiful. Your baby is gonna love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love that shadow box!! Both of your girls are blessed to have such a creative mother. This piece is so pretty with the antiqued rose colors. It doesn't hurt either that your girls are so pretty. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully made shadow box and lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete